• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spinner chrome finish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andreas K

Hello all,

I have a white primed carbon fiber spinner on my RV-10.
Instead of just painting it white I was wondering if there is way to archive a polished chrome like finish.

I watched a couple of YT vids about chrome paint but they don't seem to turn out that well. I also watched some vids about electroplating using conductive paint.

Has anybody tried this and does the finish hold up to the elements?

Is there another way?

Thanks for your help

Andi

Back