• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai 2 LS – Wing Sparbox Attachment to Fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom H

The center sparbox is attached to the fuselage with 4 ea 5/16 bolts, i.e., two on the left side, two on the right side.

Each bolt runs from front to rear, through a bushing, then through the spar box, then through another bushing.

Each bushing is welded to an upright (5/8” - 0.035” wall, square tubing) that is connected to the upper longeron and lower longeron.

If this is the proper construction, then those eight bushings, each welded to the uprights, are the only things connecting the fuselage to the main spar. (I have found no other detail of this assembly in the plans).

My questions:

Is there any other reinforcement of these bushings where they connect to the fuselage?

Is the spar box welded to the fuselage uprights? (I have seen pictures showing this, but there is nothing in the plans that suggest that.

I am also attempting to attach a detail from the plans for clarification.

Attachments

• s2Ls_spar box attach_cropped.jpg
    s2Ls_spar box attach_cropped.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 0
Back