• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sight Off-Topic Need FAA-DER (yes, paid) 14CFR Part 25.562

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Sorry to go slightly off-topic in this group of my esteemed (occasionally steamed) colleagues:

One of my three "real world" jobs is that I've just been brought in as a written communications director for an industry-leading manufacturer of transport aircraft passenger seats. We need an experienced FAA-DER with specific experience in dynamic testing of cabin safety components, meaning seats. Part 25.562 and TSO C127.

The company has done extensive engineering and testing on a new seat design, and the lead engineer has 40+ years' experience in this specific industry. It is very likely that the design and engineering is sound.

The DER they had worked with on their original certification has passed away. The company is now wishing to amend their existing TSO to add this new seat. They are in need of a DER to review, validate, and "sign off" on this test data, which will then be submitted to ACO for approval.

Since this is TSO and not PMA, the DER does not issue an 8110-3, but they validate and "approve" the accuracy and relevance of the test data... then the ACO considers the DER's recommendation and makes their yes/no decision.

If you or someone you know is a DER with 25.562 authorization/approval, we want to talk to you yesterday. Please PM me through this forum.

Back