• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 447 Provision 4 Engine, Unknown History.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsteensen

Up for sale:

1X Rotax 447 Provision 4 Engine. Unknown history, tore down to rebuild IAW all Rotax directives. (Was planning to zero time the engine.) Made list of parts needed for rebuild. Will include a binder with copies of all operator, maintenance, and rebuild manuals, plus the relevant sections of the illustrated parts list.

I completed the tear down down to the crankcase and was unable to find someone local to pop the crankcase for me, and lost interest before I bought the puller tools. (I'm trying to free up some funds for a CNC router/mill and home built 3D Printer I designed and am building.)

I will attach the major components loosely, but will ship the scrubbed pistons packaged individually. (You need to replace the C-clips during the rebuild, and upgrade the bearings to the latest recommended Rotax cageless bearings.) All parts I've pulled have been meticulously cleaned. The fan itself will need to be replaced. (My FIL tried to remove it for me without the fan removal tool...I never got around to making my fan removal tool, though they are not hard to fabricate.)

Loose parts will be labeled into Ziploc baggies for ease of rebuild. All MAG/PTO specific parts will be marked as to their proper location. I will include my list of parts that failed inspection or I just wanted to replace to be on the safe side.

The original airflow shrouds were badly abused. I found fairly clean used replacement shrouds and they will be included as well. I have found no signs of rust or corrosion so far.

PRICE: $600 USD OBO plus ACTUAL shipping costs.
Make an offer, worst I can do is say no.

I have the original Rotax cardboard box with all the supports in it. Shipping weight is approximately 70 lbs.

Currently located in the 85635 area code, in SE AZ, USA. Please no international sales at this time.

Contact info: john(DOT)steensen(AT)live(DOT)com, or PM me on here.

Last edited:
Back