• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Revmaster Worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

My EAA chapter (40) received a donation of a project where the builder past away before he could complete the plane. The plane is a Cygnet SF2a. The project arrived with 2 revmaster engines. One is a brand new 2100 and ready to go and the other is a used 2100 that looks quite rough. Only half of the Prop shaft remains so it must of had eaither a crash or one heck of a prop strike. However we used an indicator on the output shaft of th eengine at the front bearing and got a reading of +/- .003" which I am not reasy to believe with the condition of the prop flange. The motor has the rear flange with the built in stator, but I dont believe it has the Mags. Pretty much I think all we have is a core that needs rebuilding. The club wants to eather sell it as is or rebuild it and sell it to fund the completion of the project. My question is what would a Revmaster 2100 core be worth?

Best regards,

Marc

Back