• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Resizing Images

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
Resizing Photos

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know about a great program that is free and works great for changing the size of your photos so they will meet the 550 pixel wide requirement for attaching them to a post here at HBA. I saw a reference to it in another mailing list that I follow and I hope you guys / gals find it useful. It's called Infraview and you can download it from http://www.irfanview.com/.

Here are some tips for using it:

1. When installing it, it will ask you what file types you want associated with Infraview. If you already have a particular program that you like to view your photos in than you can install it without this. If you want Infraview to be the program you view your photos with than go ahead and select the images only button. You can also choose the "select all" button if you would like Infraview to handle you movies also.

2. To resize a photo. If you associated your photos with Infraview than you can just double click the photo and it will open inside of Infraview. If not, than open Infraview and click "File" then "Open" and select the photo you would like to resize. Next click "Image" then "Resize / Resample". This will open the dialog box for manipulating the image. The areas we are interested in are the "width" box and the "pixels" button. First make sure that the pixels button is selected. Then type 550 in the width box and click ok. Infraview automatically adjusts the height box to keep the correct ratio. Lastly just click "File" and "Save As" and save the photo where you can find it later. Be sure to rename the file if you don't want it to replace your original photo. That's all there is to it.

Another way you can get photos resized it to send them to me. I don't mind resizing photos for people if they are going to end up here on HBA. It only takes me a couple of minutes to do so don’t worry about bothering me with it. The downside is that you may not get them back for a day or so depending on when I check my mail and what I've got going at the time.

At any rate, I hope this helps.

Jake

Back