• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Requests for Rulemaking Re: FAR103 etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacerCFIIDave

I see so much discussion here of FAR 103 and its difficulties...and general dissatisfaction with the E-LSA rules...among others...

Why not have a group of us get together and write a proposed rule that would fix it...

I propose a new rule that would encompass most of the aircraft that we want to build...

Any aircraft with a MTOW of 4000lbs or less is exempt from regulation.

Imagine the boom in the USA aviation industry if this could happen...

I look at the costs of anything with FAA involvement and it is horrifying...

Why should a new C-172 cost more than a new Mercedes...silly

The tooling and design costs for the 172 have been covered since the early 70's at the latest...

A new 172 shouldnt really cost much more than a new Ford...

and...Why are most if not all of the innovations in US aviation coming from homebuilders? Maybe we are smarter than the engineers at Cessna or Beech or Mooney...

Or maybe its that it costs hundreds of millions to beat through the paperwork...

Well...what do yall think?

In Liberty,

Dave

Back