Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

lelievre12

HBA Supporter
VFR currency only affects ability to carry passengers. 3 TO/LAND within 90 days. One up there is no limitation other than a valid medical. Normal VFR insurance policies therefore would cover PM

IFR is different and does require an IPC if currency slips. On many complex aircraft insurance requires IFR currency which in my case (Cessna P210) it does. In this case PM would not be insured.

231TC

Just watched the latest. So after all that nonsense with fishing weights zip tied in the winglet, he flies it with a fuel imbalance. Asked why he would go to the trouble to install weights to balance it and then fly with one wing heavier from fuel, he says he has no control over the fuel distribution...it goes where it wants on the return from the engine.

So what was the purpose of the flight/hop? He says he's trying to eliminate possibilities as the cause of his roll by balancing the weight and waiting for a calm day, but he flew with both a crosswind and unbalanced weight. So those two things he was supposedly eliminating are still just as much of a question as before.

TarDevil

Just watched the latest. So after all that nonsense with fishing weights zip tied in the winglet, he flies it with a fuel imbalance. Asked why he would go to the trouble to install weights to balance it and then fly with one wing heavier from fuel, he says he has no control over the fuel distribution...it goes where it wants on the return from the engine.

So what was the purpose of the flight/hop? He says he's trying to eliminate possibilities as the cause of his roll by balancing the weight and waiting for a calm day, but he flew with both a crosswind and unbalanced weight. So those two things he was supposedly eliminating are still just as much of a question as before.
May we introduce you to Peter Muller?

231TC

No control over the fuel return, really? Ummm, sounds like a recipe for fuel starvation to me.
I think it was Kyle Boatright who nicely pointed that out in the comments, but it appears to have gotten him banned since his comment is gone.

pictsidhe

Banned

After two bland videos, his fans were revolting. Gotta keep them entertained.

Kyle Boatright

HBA Supporter
After two bland videos, his fans were revolting. Gotta keep them entertained.
I'm beginning to think the light is coming on for Peter that there are numerous serious flaws in his creation and that maybe, just maybe, he's thinking twice before flying it. He has to remember the CommuterCraft SNAFU that occurred 30 miles from where he was based at Cherokee County. CommuterCraft used a proven engine, had flown (badly) once, and there was an earlier model which had reasonable flight characteristics. Peter doesn't have any of that on his side.

This is a serious business and you'd better think long and hard before you push the throttle forward for that first flight.

231TC

As of a couple of minutes ago, my comments were still visible (at least to me).
Yeah, banning/blocking just hides it from everyone else, but lets the commenter still see it. Kirk Creelman seems to have been banned too. I don't know if he's here.

AdrianS

Don't forget there's a lot of money riding on this runway queen. Negative comments on the YouTube channel may impact that.

rv6ejguy

I got kicked out ages ago. Ross is still in play, though!
Peter's removed a few comments of mine over the years about the mismatched turbos and some on other topics but let others stand. So far, most of my predictions for problems have come to pass as he's progressed to the point of finishing those parts or testing them in action. I see plenty more issues which won't play out as Peter envisions.

rbarnes

The crazy thing is that he's <apparently> spent so much money to deliver (?) such a turkey.
8' X 8' X 8' - 5 axis CNC's aint cheap
Nor are carbon fiber reinforced molds
or the estimated 25,000+ man hours of labor I've counted ( 4 guys working 40hr weeks 50 weeks a year for 3 years )
Definitely an exercise in how to build a prototype the most expensive way possible

Status
Not open for further replies.