Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TFF

There have been multiple engines put into VK 30s. A couple of Chevy V8s , RR Alison turbines. Continental is popular. The two I’m familiar with in passing was an Allison that was based and ended up crashing at my airport because of a AD that needed to be one on the engine, and another with a Continental Voyager engine. It’s still a project. The last one completed was with a Allison turbine a couple of years ago.

pictsidhe

I strongly suspect that Peter's unwillingness to put in proper EGT probes is that he knows they'd show a big problem. Without them, he can bullpoop the numbers for his fans and block commentators who contradict him with known physics. That seems to be his approach to many aspects that skilled people are dubious about.

Tiger Tim

I see in his latest videos Peter is doing all of his ground testing from the right seat to get more comfortable on that side. I wonder what the intent is there, to go along on the test flights or maybe so he can start taking demo rides ASAP? Maybe some other reason?

flywheel1935

I see in his latest videos Peter is doing all of his ground testing from the right seat to get more comfortable on that side. I wonder what the intent is there, to go along on the test flights or maybe so he can start taking demo rides ASAP? Maybe some other reason?
In one of his latest YT Vids he lounging in the rear, guess he'll just chill in the back with a gin & tonic, in A/conditioned comfort, admiring the view from 25.000ft, through the crack in the rear window while J&E sweat buckets keeping this flying disaster in the air, I also reckon its travelled more miles up and down the runway than it will travel in the air.

cheapracer

Log Member
Doesn't want to bore us showing runs down the strip, so spends a combined total of around 30 minutes of the last 2 videos talking about the air conditioner issues .... enthralling stuff.

Is Peter planning to live-stream the first flight?
Be a fool to do it from a business POV.

Easy to control damage limitation when you have full control of what you show, and how you condense and present it.

pictsidhe

But won't it be overweight with one passenger and a few gallons of fuel?

cheapracer

Log Member
In one of the videos when Wasabi were there, he asked the test pilot if he wanted him to take over if there was some problem, so yeah, maybe he has it in mind he is going along for the tests and is prepping himself in the RHS seat for the big event?

.... as a key and credited test pilot of course.

Malish

Peter said that he is CFI and used to fly from right seat more often than from left one. He also said that he is more comfortable to hold control stick with right hand.

Kyle Boatright

HBA Supporter
If they do make a flight attempt in the next few weeks, it will not be an ideal time of year.
High ambient temperatures, high density altitude.
Get to the airport and launch early. Temps will be reasonable. Just like they do at Mojave to minimize the impact of heat/wind.

Last edited:

Royal

I have been watching the videos as well. He has been adding more and more Freon thinking its going to fix the AC. This only tells me he doesn't know how an A/C system works. Sounds like he doesn't have a fan that can cool the condenser while idling on the tarmac...you know, just like a car idling in LA traffic? Multiple runs up and down tends to heat soak everything. Where is the condenser anyways?