• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

PULSAR XP PROJECT CONTINUED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrider

Iv'e decided to construct my own wings for the project from aluminium alloy 2024T3 or 6061T6 using the same airfoil, NASA M(1)-0313 with spars and ribs made much the same as the Sonerai.
The Sonerai uses a 2024T3 .040 folded sheet web and 2024T351 .125x1.25 section laminated to form the upper and lower caps.
All seemed well until I tried to find the rectangular sections here in Australia. Sheet is no problem 12'x4' in 2024 or 6061 available ex stock, the spars being 151inches long means I will have to splice a section of the web together toward the tip but I figured that would be o.k if I ran the first rectangular section of .125x1.25 the full length of the web top and bottom.
All good until I find out the only piece of .125 rect section in Australia is 1.5 inches wide and 10 feet long. ****.
Can anyone advise of a supplier in the U.S.A or other manufacturing country so I can find out what lengths of rectangular flats are available.

Cheers

Rob

Back