• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Props for Sonerai Aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

I want to start a listing of prop manufactures that will make a prop that can be used on a VW powered Sonerai.

Please add to the list.

Sterba Propellers (whatever size and pitch you want)
Prince Aircraft (whatever size and pitch you want)
Sensenich propellers (limited sizes, nothing under 54" dia)
Catto Propellers (will not make one for VW applications)
Gary Hertzler (limited sizes, not applicable to VW)
Props Inc (need details)
Tennessee Propellers (need details)

Tenessee Props will make whatever size and pitch that you want. My last Sonerai had a Tenessee Prop that was a 52-44 on an Aero-Vee 1835

You can add Aymar Demuth to the list. I have a 54x47 that I am going to try on my 2180vw.

Props inc will make any size. I was going to order from them until I found Sterba.

Also, Culver Props will make anything to order.
http://www.culverprops.com/culverintro.php

A couple of updates to this thread:

Add Cloudcars propellers to the list. A number of people from KR, Quickie II and Sonerai groups are seeing some pretty good performance from these props, especially for what they cost.

Sensenich now say they will make a prop under 54". However, I ordered one 6 months ago and have not heard a peep from them and it was 3 times the cost of a Cloudcars prop.

Jeff,

A friend was just talking to the people at sensenich about ordering his prop and lead times. They mentioned to him if he is getting close to finishing the plane and he still hasn't received his prop to get in contact with them. The guy was basically telling him the squeaky wheel gets the grease, or prop in this case. ;-)

Sadly, if you're being patient it may be at your cost.

Derrick

If looks means speed , then I have a really quick prop in my possesion. I can hardly wait because I got a deal on this prop. They have been nice, helpful, cognizant of me being poor. And just ready to make sure I got what I wanted.

I fly out of a really small airport. When I started to rent here, I was one of three planes here. Now there is still six T-hangers but 8 aircraft. Granted I have two and the airport manager has two, but there are five new aircraft there.

Now someone. Said I don't need 170 mph around the airport but I say I do. Unlike some who need to commute, I'm here in rural Arkansas and I need all the speed I can get to cover as much ground as I can.

Hey jeff,

If I send you a link to a sonerai that I was looking at would you mind taking peek at it.

Dave

Where did you send it to? Please send it to jeff @ sonic-art.net Remove the spaces in the address to get that to work.

Here is a pic of my new prop. IJ sure hope this works

Attachments

• prop.jpg
    prop.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 112
Thom, just wait til your wife learns you've been putting airplane parts on her dinner table! ;D

Tom

Back