Quantcast

Pober Pixie - Rib Template Issue - Anyone here have Pixie plans?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FokkerDVII

I have a set of Pober Pixie plans that has a very poor rib template. The original sheet was cut and taped together. The template was then rolled and stored poorly. Over the years water and heat have damaged the template. It is unclear what the distance between the spars is supposed to be. Also the overall chord distance. I've tried contacting Acro Sport, Inc. to purchase a new rib template sheet, no reply.

Anyone here have a set of Pober Pixie plans and willing to take a few measurements so that I can accurately redraw the rib template.

Thanks

TFF

I here Acro Sport is in flux right now with a new owner. The wing plan should have a spacing dimension some where else. Sometimes with plan building, you have to hit all the sheets and build to a consensus of numbers. Numbers probably can be extrapolated from the fuselage mount weldments or the overall wing plan. With bad handling and just the way paper does, throwing down a template, without checking those, can cause aches down the road. Acro Sport plans are some of the best, but all plans are "suggestions", and each plane built has its own characteristics of fit and finish and fixes.