• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Plan question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifidibosco

Hi all and happy new year

These two views of the fuselage, page 3 of Sonerai 1 plan, are they seen from above or below ? (or no matter...)

planFus.png

Plans are usually drawn where you are looking down from the top. If a different point of view, it’s usually some special detail they are trying to express, and they tell you.

The top view looks like a plan-view drawing (from the top -- by convention -- with a centerline marked on it) and the bottom view looks like a side-elevation drawing.

Both tails come to a point so I would not think the bottom was a side. It’s got to be some lofted cad drawing instead of the real plan.

Sorry but my question was not clear.
The upper view is a plan of the upper part of fuselage, horizontal, and the lower is the bottom of the fuselage, horizontal as well. That I wanted to know is if they are seen from above or below.
Basically I want to know how to set the horizontal diagonals if they are like on the drawing below or on the other direction. (or, may be, if they just need to be crossed, whatever the direction)

topBottom.png

Back