• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

PAL-V. The flying car. Progress towards testflight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nestofdragons

Supporting Member
96E8031B-B15C-444B-A0FA-5EDB0B1B12A4.jpeg684DD02D-CB1D-4D08-9B6D-51D9838DA79E.jpegThe PAL-V project. I have been following this project from the first testflight of the prototype. I am a supporter. I still am. But i saw some negative comments lately from non-believers. “It is a scam, it hadn’t flow yet.” “Those specifications are bullsh@@.” “Two engines and one prop. Yeah. Right.” I was a bit shocked by those comments. I thought it was timectonknow the truth. I wrotecto the firm. So I have a answer from this manufacturer! This was the reply: “The PAL-V Liberty is a unique vehicle combining driving and flying in one. This also means that the vehicle needs to comply with both road and aviation regulations. From the beginning of the company, PAL-V has developed the vehicle with these regulations in mind. Since 2020, the Liberty is road legal, meaning it is like driving a normal car and is allowed all over the globe.
The process of aviation certification is longer and has a higher barrier. 7FAE84FB-193D-49BA-8041-7B8F5606012E.jpegThe PAL-V experimental named the “PAL-V One” had its first test flights back in 2012. After proofing the design philosophy and data, the team directly went into commercialization of the flying car. PAL-V is now together with EASA (the European authorities) certifying the Liberty. While in certification, only in the very last step, the vehicle is allowed to do its verification flights, PAL-V is almost there.
EASA earlier published the certification base of the vehicle, here they created the framework for certifying the liberty, the regulation is published here: Special Conditions for Gyroplane combined with Road Vehicle use - Issue 02 | EASA

The dual engine lay-out has been created to have extra redundancy while in flight, adding another layer of safety to the vehicle. Whilst in drive, one engine goes though the gearbox to the wheels, giving 100 hp on just 664 kg, a lot of fun. And whilst in flight, both engines work combined via the gearbox directly to the propellor, creating 200 hp for a safe and solid flight.”

Back