• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

P-Lead Wiring With Toggle Switches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunASE

I have a Rotax 914 and I'm using toggle switches for each mag, and want to make sure I'm wiring them correctly.

So far I have a shielded wire plugged into each pin at the mag, and the shielding grounded there.

I'm not sure what to do on the switch end.

I have a simple toggle switch with 2 posts. (if that's the right switch to use)

I found this article but it's way over my head and I'm not sure if it's notes about impulse coupling applies. (The Rotax manual seems to indicate that it has variable ignition)

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/MagnetoSwitchOptions.pdf

Back