• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Noob from Alabama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragula

Hello All,
Long time lurker....first time poster. :)

I'm near Birmingham, Alabama. About to be 42 years old and have had a dream to build my own kit plane since I was about 20 years old and flew in my first Cessna. Been hooked ever since but thanks to family, finances, etc. it just hasn't worked out. Until now, that is.

I'm a Telecom Engineer now but was a former certified diesel mechanic and I'm a big "car guy". I currently have a 1981 Trans Am Daytona Pace Car and a 2006 Pontiac GTO. I also own and operate a forum for American Muscle Car enthusiasts based in the SE US called www.dixiemusclecars.com (My apologies to the admin here if posting links is not allowed - the site is just a forum and doesn't make any money or sell anything)

Anyway, started seriously looking around at building a "kit" plane a few years ago. I actually hooked up with several other people in the area a few years ago that are building different kit planes which I checked out in person to help me decide on which one.

I'll be ready to make the first initial purchase in a couple of months and at the moment, it looks like that will be a Zenith 750. :gig: Yea, I know it's ugly but I really like some of the other features.

Thanks for your time and I'm sure that you'll be "hearing" more from me here soon!

Drag

Back