• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newbie in the Flying Community

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbeauvais

Dear all,

To introduce myself, let say that I'm about to stop dreaming and take actions to materialize such dream; building and flying my own aircraft.

As a matter of fact, I always had the passion for flying; it is just that I haven't had the time (nor the means) to put ahead such project. Nowadays, things are quite different.

During all those years, I haven't express that much how passionate I am about this. This is my nature. I prefer to act instead of talking. When I start to talk, it's to late. I get both feet in it and it will last for a very long time.

That said, I'm still a "newbie" in this world so this kind of forum is perhaps the best platform to collect information and educate myself on this subject. It's been a while now that I'm reading threads on forums, websites and on and the more I read, the more I know that this will be my utmost hobby where I'll spent the rest of my spare time.

Despite being new to aviation, I do have a lot of DIY experience that will certainally help me achieve my goals. All my folks around me know that. I'm familliar with woodworking, metal forming and fabrication. I'm a certified car and recreational vehicule mechanic. I've build my own house, workshop, cottage, etc. My latest project? Renwable energy. I'v equipped the cottage with a state of the art Solar/Windmill system that makes the cottage totally energy independent (except for propane gas of course).

Besides, I have a decent workshop (1,000 sq ft, 10ft ceiling), a "lot" of tools but mostly, a lot of patience. My relatives and friends know me to do things with a level of refinement and quality that is unusual. To me, this is mandatory to survive (and enjoy ???) in aviation.

For the moment, I'm out of the country for the next 2 to 3 years for a long term contract. This gives me about that time to learn, plan, draft and eventually procure the very first kit aircraft (actually an helicopter). I'm currently designing my new workshop for that purpose. It should have about 2,100 sq ft with 12ft ceiling. This time, it should be large enough for my future projects. Well, one day it may become to small but for now, it looks like it'll be large enough...(we'll see LOL).

Based on what I've seen (read) so far, I'm sure that all of you guys will certainly be of invaluable help. I've noticed how friendly and helpful people are in this community. Besides, I haven't noticed yet anyone ever make someone feel "stupid" for lack of knowledge on any specific subject. The reason for this may be very simple; people in the aviation community don't seem to compete each other but share and collaborate.

Regards.

Back