• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newbie from Sweden - going radial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnus Wallner

Hello.

My name's Magnus and I'm from Sweden. I'm here because I'm thinking about building my own plane :)

My flying story is that I started with a private license and moved on to an ATP while flying seaplanes (mostly amphibs) and business jets. I'm currently a part owner in a Steen Skybolt that was originally built in Finland. It has a 260 hp Lycoming IO540 and a MT prop and monster Pitts ailerons. A blast and a challenge to fly.

However, I've always been building things - like cars and motorcycles - and I feel that it's time to do something proper like build my own plane. I'm looking of a two seater with sunset acro capabilities, some ability to take on luggage and decent range for cross country flights. And good looks and a radial. I think I've found what I'm looking for in the Radial Rocket.

I'm planning to start my project within three to five years and finish it when I'm done. I'm not going to rush anything, this one's gonna be perfect. I'll make most of the build in my garage, as much as possible anyway, and then the final assembly where I'll hangar it.

Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to learning from you.

Last edited:
Back