• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New sonerai one owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do apreaciated the replies and I am trying to reference to any 1600 cc engines. I called the prop manufacture today and I will be sending the prop back to get re pitched. It is currently a 52x44 so I do have some pitch I can get rid of. I also figured the prop tip sonic speed and 52" is perfect for making the most bite at 4000 rpm. I will keep you guys posted.
Current static with a stromberg carb and a 1600 cc engine
2800 rpm
Prop inc 52 x 44

Re: New sonerai one owner. Prop and static????

Well guys I got the Props inc prop back today from being re pitched and it is now a 52x41. Down from 52x44 I was getting 2800 rpm before with the 44 pitch prop. Today with the new pitch I got almost 2900 rpm static on the 1600 cc engine. I'm getting closer but the weird thing is that I'm maxing out my rpm at 5/8 throttle. When I press the throttle all the way in it seems that I'm able to get anymore induction or air velocity with the set up we have . It is a Stromberg carb set up for a cont c-85. The carb works great and idles at 750 rpm and brings on power smoothly. My intake is the same diameter as the manifold inlet at the head. I'm a bit concerned that this carb is not enough for this engine? I know that most of my stock vw dub engines had a bit larger bore.
My next soul outing is to put the aero carb back on that the last owner never could get to run right. There is a gas collator on the firewall and that could very well disturb the 2 psi fuel supply which would have caused shim not to be able to tune it properly. I sure hope the other carb will work because I'm very Close getting this thing airworthy

Back