• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_s_cox

I have finally decided to get serious again about building my own plane after talking about it for the last 5 years. My DR-107 plans are on order and I can't wait to get started. I actually started a project several years back in my high school shop class. I didn't know anything about EAA or the whole homebuilt airplane movement then, or I am sure it would have turned out much better than it did. It was a Flying Flea project and I got the plans out of a Popular Science or something for about $20. They were very inadequet., not much more then a couple of pages drawings and some dimensions. Now I know that what I did get completed was not structually sound probably to even sit in much less fly. Well I guess I now know at least one way NOT to build an airplane.

Latest posts

Back