• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New project search

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying2bill

Having finished my latest project (Chuckbird Bipe) I am in search of my next one. I want to plans build (or rebuild) a 2 seat (side by side), light sport compliant, non composite (not fond of working with glass) aircraft. I really enjoyed working with the rivited angle method of the Chuckbird (aka Texas Parasol) but have not found any other similarly built designs. I am not hung up on high wing vs low wing, would like to be at the higher end of the lsa cruise range. Everything I have had to date has been conventional gear and I would not mind trying a tri gear but it is not a deciding/limiting factor. If I could convert wood construction to alm angle the Fisher Dakota would be high on the list. like the looks of the kr2 but after spending the last 2 days reading the build of the Super 2 it is a project I don't think I'd ever finish. My Tig skills are not so great but can be improved so as to consider steel tube construction. Helpfull hint 550-600 lbs useful load is a target area

Back