• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member .. pilot and builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWelchy

Hey all,

I am new to the forum. I am a private pilot, and am currently building a Sonerai II by John Monnet. It is an inexpensive, tube and rag airplane designed for formula vee racing in the 70's. It is my first aircraft project, and was chosen simply because it is not a kit and it looks racy. I am very interested in the building and design aspect and hope to learn alot during this project. The Pitts S1S is my all-time favorite (isnt it everyones??), yet the pricetag is way, way off for this FedEx courier/family man. I would like to build my own someday, to control costs.

UNTIL, I found the CEA-309 Mehari, the Brazilian aerobatic aircraft. Total bummer .. no plans, and the website shows the simplicity of the design and not much more. I am continuing my search on this airframe .. as it would suit me perfectly. My hope is when the Sonerai II is done, I will be able to move forward on a Mehari project .. time will tell. Simplicity in construction, fairly low-cost, etc... this is a must have :)

Jason

Back