• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member here from TN........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMaxMan

Hi All,

I guess I'll start by giving you a little history about my flying. I have always wanted to fly as far back as I can remember. But it wasn't until the age of 16 that I REALLY got the bug and decided right then and there that I was going to fly. So I went to work with several local contractors and started saving my dollars. I saved for at least a year, had a motorcycle accident, and started all over again. Finally, when I was 18, I bought my first plane, a JDT minimax 1100R. I taught myself to fly it, and then decided I wanted to get my license. So I went and took some training, and decided I wanted a time-builder, and since my minimax was an ultralight, I needed to get something N-numbered. So I sold the minimax and bought a Quad City Challenger I when I was 19 (about a year later). I flew that awesome challenger for about 60 wonderful hours, and decided I was ready for the big step, a two-seater. So I kissed the Challenger goodbye and bought a partially built LMA 80% scale wooden Taylorcraft. And thats where I am now, in the building process. I have the fuse covered, on the landing gear, wings are ready for covering, and I have the engine (75 hp VW) hung. I'll post some pics of my planes below.......... Also, the pics of the T-craft are a little old from when I bought it, so as soon as I find the camera I'll post some updated pics of my project........

Attachments

• dscf1077.jpg
    dscf1077.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 196
  • flying.jpg
    flying.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Special.jpg
    Special.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 182
  • dscf3259.jpg
    dscf3259.jpg