• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Aircraft for me! YAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CriCriOz

well, i have finally gone out and bought a new to me aircraft, this one is a Classic, a Sadler Vampire SV2
Slightly modified as it now has a Rotax 503 engine as opposed to the factory fitted 447. power is up from 40 Hp to 55 hp, increasing cruise speed from 85 to 95 Kts. though fuel consumption is up a little but still gives and endurance of 3.5 hrs.

Unfortunately the aircraft has a few little issued to be addressed that the previous own didn't tell me about, such as a tendency to roll left in flight, so this weekend will require a re-rigging of aileron and flap positions then all should be well.
the aircraft was trailerd 1300km to its new home here in the Hunter Valley of NSW.

anyway, here are a few pics.

124990327-M.jpg

On the trailer, midway through the 1300 Km road trip.

124990330-M.jpg

Arriving in at the hangar at Hoxton park, to have roll issues and other mods completed before the last leg flight to Cessnock.

125693261-M.jpg

Undergoing a few mods and repairs.
repairs included the link rod between left rudder pedal and nosewheel
Mods included, new altimeter, relocating the radio/VOR and modifications to the windshield to allow easy removal for maintainence, replacing rivets with self locking screws and nuts.

125693231-M.jpg

ready for flight...

yeah yeah i know, its not exactly a homebuilt, but i cannot afford the aircraft i plan to build just yet, that will come at the end of this year..

though i don't have a problem with 2 aircraft in my hangar..:gig:

and the cri cri will eventually fly, in a few more yrs yet.

Back