• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Museums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Well, I did not see a "Musesum" thread, so I thought I'd start one. Just got back from a business trip out in Alabama, and decided that since I was close to Tullahoma, I would go out to the StaggerWing/Beechcraft museum there. I knew Louise Thaden, and my father was one of Beech's top sales guys, so I do have a soft spot for Beechcrafts. Quite an impressive place and lots of beautiful aircraft there. We were building a Mystery S racer when my father died. It is hanging up in some barn in GA, last I heard. Am posting some of the photos of the visit. To keep with the core of this website, there is a shot of LionHeart, a homebuilt Staggerwing.

One humerous aside, while on my trip, I noted a license tag on a car that was passing me. It read "IFLY RV8". Bad weather kept me on the ground this trip, but hope to visit again. They have a major Beech event coming up in October as well, the 13-16th. Textron will even have a Cessna there!

Derswede

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 36
  • TurbineBeech.jpg
    TurbineBeech.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Twin Bonanza Peterson.jpg
    Twin Bonanza Peterson.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 35
  • StarShip.jpg