• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Main Leg Connection Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dick ripper

After fumbling way too long, I need a little help resolving how to connect a single leg to the fuselage main spar root straps on my project..

Due to fuselage curvature between the upper and lower root straps along with wanting removable wings, I can't get my mind around a connection.

For lack of a better description, I'm considering 2 "boomerang" shapes sandwiching both upper & lower fuselage straps as well as either a tube or solid main leg, which in turn has the wheel axle.

The fuselage straps are connected to a fuselage front cross-member which can be "beefed" up with inside gussets to the skin at 4 locations on each side. The wing straps are on the forward main spars. The boomerang actually has to be radiused somewhat to fit the fuselage skin curvature while the ribside can be straight against the first rib.

Any help would be appreciated, Dick

Back