LS2 PSRU?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

DLrocket89

Does anyone build a reliable PSRU for the Chevy LS2? Just trying to get a feel for what's available...designing one myself would be OK, but a bunch of hassle.

Looking for something that's proven.

DLrocket89

Wow, interesting discussion there, thanks for the link!

I just sent Jason at Vesta an email for some info. Going to be starting a Bearhawk in a few years, looking for an auto-engine conversion for it. I liked the looks of his Honda V6 that he had, also the LS_'s that he had.

BobbyZ

I too am looking at the bearhawk,for me it'll either be the hawk with me building a timed out motor or a Maule.I have to wait and see what the budget is like after I finish my ppl and the wifes kitchen ;) If I did do a auto conversion I'd probably base it on a VW/Audi block(either the I4 20v 1.8T or I5 T) as its what I know,but I just dont see it being feasable at this point.

org

Any PSRU for the small block Chevy will fit the LS engines. The only changes required are that the bolt pattern to attach the flywheel to the crank is different and a spacer of approximately 3/8" between the crank flange and the flywheel is required on certain engines.

Last edited: