• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Late To The Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brohawk

Greetings.

I just found the site and here's my intro.

I suspect my story is probably fairly common. I've always had an interest in flying, but one thing or another kept getting in the way.

I'm now 48 and decided that I need to make this happen. A degree of my self-respect is involved. I took assessment and decided I was accumulating too many regrets.

After dog-earing and marking up a Kitplanes buyer's guide issue and spending time researching on the 'Net, I've pretty well decided that Falconar's AMS-14H maranda (LSA legal) would fit my needs in everything from budget constraints to performance.

I've started clearing out the garage (where did all this junk come from?!) for a place to build. That would be a better use of my time than staring at the idiot box (unless I put a TV in the garage/workshop!).

My wife is currently in school and will be done in a few months. When that happens I'll be pursuing my Sport Pilot license.

That's about it for now. Looking forward to digging into the boards here.

Back