Keleher Lark

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

hiroyoshi

I'm building a Lark from a set of plans that's a bit less than complete, and wonder if anyone can help with some missing/poor quality pages?

Need drawings for the rear spar and fittings, wing struts, aileron and aileron hinges/fittings. My empennage and fuselage control drawings are very faint, so those would be nice to have as well.

Digital would be fine, and any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

It's a neat little aeroplane. Pity more were not built.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Sorry, can’t help with plans, but if you don’t find plans, post some photographs of the assembly here, and you will get workable suggestions from experienced builders.

It's a neat little aeroplane. Pity more were not built.
It is one of my favorites from the early days of homebuilding. BTW, there was a nice article about one in either Sport Aviation or Kitplanes in the past few years. Someone here may remember the exact issue.

Please consider starting a build thread here, populated with lots of photographs.

BJC

Edit. Just saw that you have built a Pitts and have a PhD in structural engineering, so just ignore my comment above about seeking suggestions here.

hiroyoshi

Actually, one thing all the experience taught me is now much I don't know, so suggestions are always welcome!

The blanks aren't too hard to fill in; I'm pretty sure Jim Keleher used J-3 struts (cut down) for the prototype, for instance. But reinventing things takes time.

I will post some progress reports when appropriate (building wing ribs and fittings now, which isn't fascinating).

Reactions: BJC

plncraze

HBA Supporter
If you can get the N numbers of the other Larks maybe you can track them down on the FAA website.

Tiger Tim

There was a Lark in Canada last fall and I got the opportunity to take it up. Fun little airplane. It was twitchy but in a way that makes me want more, if that makes any sense.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Group Builder