I think that i might be in trouble...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
Just because of this thread, I watched Porch Russo. Manga that has a plot that actually makes sense to westerners with dogfighting fascists and italian pigs. No really, actual fascists and a real pig. And a kickass aircraft mechanic girl. Thumbs up from me.

For what it's worth, my vote is for a Volmer Jensen VJ-22, but it's probably not a particularly good plane. Stall speed, cruise speed, and max speed are all the same.

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
Last edited by a moderator:

lr27

I wonder what that plane no. 2 in the first post was? Looks quite simple. No need to build landing gear. Better make the engine mount really strong though, so as not to get an engine in the ear on a hard landing. Just what was his mother thinking about with the Porco Rosso thing? Maybe a Mini Max on floats could be made to look Italian?

I don't know how serious they were, but my parents once offered me sailplane lessons. I declined, as I thought they'd make me pay in ways I didn't care to. I suppose I might have been wrong. Even if I was right, I see now that they were probably trying to do something to help me.

Someone made a Macchi M5 replica that would probably please justus' mother:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_wbWA35-k
And check out these legitimate scale markings!:
700xMacchiM5_Arcidiacono.jpg

I wonder if anyone's ever made a seaplane with an outboard motor for power? The lower unit and original prop could stay on, and a belt running off the top could drive the air prop. Probably it would get off the water much faster.

Riggerrob

Justus,
You can choose from a dozen small flying boats available in plans or kit form:
Anderson Kingfisher
ATOL 495 from Finland
Avid Catalina
Aventura Buccaneer
Czech Mermaid
Osprey 1 and 2
Taylor Coot
Volmer Sportsman

If your mom insists on a biplane flying boat, then look at the Petrel series. Or the dozen different types of Homebuilt biplanes that have been mounted on floats.
Also look at the dozens of ultra-lights that are available with floats.