• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I need information about the Aerobatic capabilities of a Lancair ES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Lanterman

Good Morning Guys,

I am new to this forum and am not too sure if this is the place to ask my question or not so please bear with me. I have built a RC model of the Lancair ES. It has a 80 inch wingspan and is powered with an electric motor with lithium polymer batteries for the power source. The airplane flies beautifully.

In a scale contest I have a choice of many maneuvers. I can consider the airplane to be a point to point people hauler and duplicate those kinds of maneuvers - but they are pretty boring. The other choices would be a loop, roll and split S. I have read in another forum where this is possible with the Lancair, as quoted by that forum member from the Airplane Manual. But I was unable to contact him.

I have written to the company about this but have not received any reply yet.

My question here is - do any of the members have information about the Aerobatic capability of the Lancair and would they be able to forward the information to me.

An airplane exactly like mine can be shown on this utube site...

YouTube - Great Planes Lancair 60 Electric

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Lanterman

Back