• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane For Sale HP-14 Sailplane - Absolute Best Soaring Performance / Dollar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
My EAA chapter happens to have an HP-14 glider (donated to us) that we're not going to be able to refurbish. We would like to sell this glider, and since I'm one of the few members of the chapter who is a convicted sailplane pilot.... guess who they approached to find a home for it?

This HP was built and flown years ago, and has not been flown in many years. It is NOT crashed and is NOT missing major components. It comes with an enclose-able trailer, but no instruments. Workmanship and fit/finish appears to be above average and well built.

It is probably not a "club glider" because it uses 90 degree flaps instead of spoilers, and there may not be any way for someone to get checked out or receive relevant dual instruction on these old school flaps. No training gliders use these anymore.

But it will make a fantastic high performance glider for an individual owner or a couple of partners.

Yes OF COURSE it needs plenty of cleanup and a full mechanical 'going through'. And yes it is NOT an entry level ship that you get into right out of the 2-33 and 1-26.

But it's cheap, it's aluminum that can be on a tiedown, and it's BY FAR the highest performance per dollar of any glider you could ever buy.

The glider is located in the San Fernando Valley CA at Whiteman Airport KWHP.

I'm having the boys photograph it and will of course post the photos when I get them.

When you see it and lay hands on it, we can figure out what a worthwhile price for this jewel is.

Anyone who is interested in electrics, hybrid and/or low power high fuel efficiency flight will have a fantastic starting point with this ship. Laminar Wortmann airfoil and high aspect ratio, with room behind the seat for whatever's your version of Dilithium Crystals.

Back