• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How do I scale a design to diffent sizes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnthewelder

I would like to know what to think about if I use fullscale affordaplane plans to build a smaller plane.I envision a horizontal tube engine mount on the nose with twin engines (borrowed from cri-cri design).Video piloted.I'm thinking I can scale down metal parts but leave metal thickness the same.?Could I leave out the diagonal bracing in the tail boom to reduce drag?I don't need any canopy open frame I'm thinking.I should probably say that none of my pictures are mine. The green monster just gives me example of the extremes possible,check out how it's pop riveted,some bending in places.

Attachments

• Fuselage with tail.JPG
    Fuselage with tail.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • lg-116522.jpg
    lg-116522.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,176
  • lg-116519.jpg
    lg-116519.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:
Back