• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

horizontal tail brace design ------ help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc_dyer

hello,
I have a question for those who have been here before me.
I am building a RidgeRunner 3S and the horizontal tail is braced by 4130 tubes, with the ends smashed flat to accept a 3/16" bolt
my first attempt to get as close to perfect….failed my tolerances

I was thinking why not make the bolt holes at the horizontal stab adjustable as to get it as perfect as possible, i.e. level and no twist

I bought weld-in threaded rod from aircraft spruce and heim looking ends, my question is will this allow the horizontal stab to flex (BAD)
or do you think that it will resist rotation?
IMG_1302.jpg

edit: the threaded ends would be at the bottom of the picture, unscrew both to raise the stab, unscrew or screw in one to get twist out

Back