• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

hi a long time lurker finally checking in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithstein

i have been doing quiet a bit of looking at various sites and am leaning towards a metal airplane. i had a couple of questions that someone out there probably knows the answers to so here goes.
1 can you (ie will they sell)plans build a rv? i know some people say they scratch build them but is that just the same as slow build. i have not heard anyone say nor have i seen vans advertising plans built the way zenith does.
2 i came across a site that had water cooled 0-360 and 0-540 jugs that mr rutan tried and then took off. if they were great i think i would have heard about them but if they were the worst thing ever i would have seen something too. anybody out there with the full story.
3 has anybody done the midget mustang corvair combo and had it fly. i think the corvair site has one listed as in progress. does anyone have results.--this is where i am leaning at this time.
your thoughts are welcome
thanks in advance

Back