• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risky

Hello everyone,

My name is Rick and I'm 22 years old now.

I've grown up in aviation, because my dad went to the local airfield every weekend and I joined him. He also owned a Yak-52 (RA3326K) for some years, which I also flew in and enjoyed very much.

I have flown gliders for 3 years and now I'm hoping to start my PPL soon.
Also, I've nearly finished my education to become an aircraft mechanic.

About 12 years ago I saw the F4U Corsair in real life for the first time. Man I was stunned! The sheer size of the thing, and the sound of the 2000hp radial engine -- amazing! That was the beginning of my 'love' for the F4U Corsair. Other warbirds that I like are the Spitfire, Mustang, Yak-1/3/7/9 and the FW190.

A few years ago a good friend of my dad asked if I wanted a homebuilt project. Of course I was very interested. He told me it was a Taylor Monoplane so I went on the internet to find any information about it straight away! Not much to find unfortunately so then came the idea to create my own website: www.taylormonoplane.4t.com (hope the people here won't mind me sharing the link).

Unfortunately the project never started and still is owned by the good friend of my dad. The main problem was that the fuselage had to be completely rebuild (too heavy) and the lack of space to finish the aircraft.

Now I'm looking further, and as the Corsair is my favourite aircraft of all time, I'm following the Corsair replica projects very closely, with much interest in the 75% scale one!

Hope this is enough information for now, and I hope to learn much from these great forums.

Thanks for reading :)

Back