• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

graphite/carbon corrosion on rivits for fastners???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drake

I am working on a helio courier of mine and have built new interior and door panels which were are fiberglass built in the mid 50s. I have made new panels out carbon with a layer of glass where they touch the aluminum skin. I used graphite for weight savings and i am also clear coating them for the sports car look.These panel are riveted with ad rivets right into the exterior skin and the window frames to hold the window in place,they are not strucural as the courier has a 4130 steel cage for its structure. What type of rivets or do i treat these rivits with some kind of insulating epoxy as i buck them?? I am afraid of 15 years down the road of the rivets corroding out or sooner.

Latest posts

Back