• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FW 190 Black 13 under construction in the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black13

Those of you that are into warbirds may be interested in my latest build project, which is an 80% scale Focke Wulf 190, based on Jurca plans.
There is no stress analysis for this aircraft and I am having to spend lots of loot with a SA engineer, before the LAA will give me a build number.
I have had to take a leap of faith and build the thing, regardless of not having LAA approval or the final outcome, so the stress guy can get required data to crunch the numbers.
The fuselage structure, rudder, tail plane and elevator are complete.
I have acquired the engine, a 300 HP Lycoming IO-540, plus an 82 inch diameter 3 blade CS prop.

As it is the first to be built in the UK (possibly even Europe??) I thought I would share this with anyone who is interested.
Happy Landings.

Back