• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fighter Ultralight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosbod

I,me new to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right section.

I recently purchased a set of fighter ultra light plans from plansdelivery.com. The plans seem to be fairly straight foward however there is still some areas I'me not quite sure about. I was a bit disappointed that no parts list came with the plans. I also have the plans for the A-Plane and found them to be more complete. The specs on the fighter seem to be better than the A-plane so I think the fighter will be my choice, but I am open to argument.

I have looked over the material for the fighter and the plans call for the main post to be 6063 T3 3/4 wall tubing. I googled several metal sites but have been unable to find a site that has this tubing. Can any one advise and if not is there a substitute that could be used. My understanding is 6061 T6 is stronger that 6063 T3, could this be substituted with 1/4 or 1/2 inch wall instead.

Does anyone know if there is a construction video anywhere for the fighter?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Back