• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FAR 103 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mde168

What exactly is a "congested" area. The area I'm thinking of as a possible place to land and take off is only a block away from my home. It's a field in back of a school and is part of the school property. The area is about 1/4 X 1/3 miles of flat mown grass, used for soccer fields and softball fields but wide open in the middle. The school is on the South side of the field, the East and North sides are bordered by residential areas. The West end of the field has a few industrial buildings but beyond that it's open farm fields.

My question is, if I entered and exited that area from the West over the industrial buildings in the evenings and on weekends, would I be operating within the regulations?

Back