• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

F & M oil filter adapters back in production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprucemoose

I noticed the ad for Tempest on page 2 of the new Sport Aviation included a small photo of the impossible-to-find F & M T.A.F.-L oil filter adapter for small Continentals. Curious, I called them up today, and they confirmed that they (Tempest, having acquired F & M) put the line of oil filter adapters back into production a month ago and will begin to ship shortly. They are also producing other F & M parts, but this was the only one I asked about.

This is the part that I'm referring to:
display-asset

I followed up with a call to Aircraft Spruce and they informed me that they were expecting 120 of these units on June 1. They had 86 on backorder when I called, and 87 on backorder when I finished my call.
icon7.png
Price was $273.95.

For anyone else who has been searching for one of these, they are available at Spruce and probably other suppliers. Bravo to Tempest for resurrecting this part.

Back