• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Engine Vibe with Stroke Increase and Counterweight Deletion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martti Mattila

Help needet, I have these silly engine conversion projects coin on. I ´m planning to use different motor crankshaft to get longer stroke. Case space is a problem exspecialy room for counterweights. I have studiet crankshaft vibration theories BUT they are all from racing enviroment talk. Nothing to us under 3000 rpm. direct driwe guyis. My Vauxhall from seventies doesend have counterweights, only heavy flywheel. I´m talkin straight four now. Do I need cw.s to crank that spins under 3000. Those old sidevalve Fords and Aircraft inlines have no cw.s. What if I cut them away.

Attachments

• avid.png
    avid.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back