• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Con Rod Bolt Thread Lubricant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwet

I am in the process of assembling the crankshaft on my O-320 H2AD. Lycoming SI 1458G specifies Loctite 8014 Food Grade Antiseize as a thread lubricant. Apparently that stuff is made out of unicorn spit. My local Loctite dealer has never even heard of it. Lycoming does not specify any alternatives. I normally just use ARP Thread Lubricant on con rod bolts but I don't want to go experimenting with my aircraft engine. I'd like to hear from others who have substituted other thread lubricants in this application and not had their airplanes fall out of the sky.

Back