• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

choke in aircraft cylinders????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drake

I understand they theory behind choke in lyc/cont. cylinders but why does it vary so much?? why did they used to be all straight bore like the rest of the internal combustion air cooled world, who got it right aircraft or air compressors???? i have seen air compressor run much longer than any aircraft engine, Is choke a half a$$ed attempt to save a step in manufacturing??? Surely someone here can figure out the expansion rate of the head vs the barrel of the cylinder. I can see one to three thousands but not ten plus.

Back