• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Friday to Everbody!

Here is a short but helpful Quick Reference document from my Grandfather Tom Cassutt's personal aircraft design archives that he used a lot during his lifetime. It's covers most commonly used Conversion Factors It seems to have some good information that could be a resourceful Quick Reference for yourselves, so I wanted to make it available to you'll.

Tom pulled these Conversion Factors tables from a pretty significant Primary Source that he had access to during his days as a Senior Pilot & Instructor for the U.S. Army Air Corps called the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics Reports. These documents just include everyday known information but the other info in these reports are quite interesting and I thought they might be Classified documents b/c they include specific test data, analysis, & wind-tunnel results of various Pursuit Fighter Aircraft in the US Army Air Force inventory, such as the P-51, but I checked & they are not classified since these aircraft are retired and the US Army Air Force is obviously no longer in existence since it folded into & became the US Air Force.

But these National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics Reports were great b/c they have Useful Formulas & Quick Reference data sprinkled all throughout them, and Tom seemed to centralize a lot of these into a single archive so he could use them as his own Quick References.

I attached a PDF in addition to posting the images of the document below. Have a great weekend!

20220603_154336.jpg
20220603_154347.jpg

-Justin Lemon
Cassutt Aviation Museum & Library

Attachments

• CassuttConversionFactorsQuickRef.pdf
    379.7 KB · Views: 8
Back