• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cassutt rigging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDub

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while, especially to those that have experience in this. My plane flies tail heavy unless I droop the ailerons, which slows me down. I can't remember exactly since I'm on the road, but my tail is not heavy at least empty weight wise. Maybe I need to drop a few pounds, but that gets a bit difficult im 6' 195 and look sickly if any more comes off. But I'm always forward pressure on the stick. I've got as many washers as I can without bending stuff under the horizontal main spar. Do I need to tweak my wing angle of incidence a smidge?

Anyone with experience in getting this all right for the best speed?

For those that don't know the design, the Cassutt wing main spar is clamped to the top longeron which adds an adjustable angle of incidence into the equation. The plans have an optimal amount, but like everything, it might not be totally perfect to my particular airframe. The second factor is Cassutts have no variable trim, at least in the plans, so for all but the speed the pilot wants to fly hands off constant stck pressure will need to be held, and is a matter of preference.

JDub

Jerry

Back