• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a flight model, need some help with ailerons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown_Target

Hey guys,

I'm building a simulator game and I need some help with ailerons (well, all control surfaces really). Are there any simplified equations whereby given the area of a wing (in this case the section of the wing), the amount of aileron deflection is related to the increase in the wing's AoA, change in effective CL, and any change in the location of the CoL for that section of wing?

For those that are curious this is currently what the model looks like for the Lift force:

Physics_Model.jpg

EDIT: I should note that this model is supposed to be realistic but not super-realistic. I.e. you could probably build an RC plane from the results but it's not X-Plane level.

Back