• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a BearHawk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearHawk747

Just a quick thread to introduce myself. I've been around aviation all of my life. When I was born, my dad had a homebuilt KR-2. I don't remember much about that plane as he sold it when I was about 6. He then bought a '45 Taylorcraft when I was 12 and that is what I learned to fly and soloed in.

I didn't do much flying in the last 5 yrs because I was broke due to college expenses. I am now gainfully employed and have decided to get back in to it.

I have also decided to build my own plane, which brings me here. I've spent the last year researching and bouncing around between different designs and I have finally decided on the BearHawk.

I officially started my build last Sunday 12/10 by building a workbench. I should have my first sheet of aluminum this weekend and I can start pounding out some ribs.

I just wanted to say "Hi" and I look forward to picking your brains as I go through this.

Nick

Back