• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Avid Flyer fiberglass floats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Chuk

Hi all, I picked up these floats a couple of years ago with a project, and don't really have a need for them. I don't know a lot about floats, these are supposed to be good to a maximum of 1200 lbs gross weight airplane. I have to get $1500 for them. If need be, I could build a box to ship them in if I was paid for materials and stuff. When I got these floats, I asked about them on the Team Kitfox Forums site. Paul Seehaufer replied with his info on these floats. He has flown them about 1000 hrs so I would trust his opinion. I just mentioned on that message string (Avid fiberglass float questions) that I'm selling the floats so they should be easy to find on the Kitfox site along with Paul's comments. I don't have the spreader bars and such, but do have the water rudders for the floats. I have more pics but will just post a few for now. 218-254-two four zero four Thanks, Jim Chuk

Attachments

• Avid floats 021 (Large).jpg
    Avid floats 021 (Large).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Avid floats 023 (Large).jpg
    Avid floats 023 (Large).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Avid floats 025 (Large).jpg
    Avid floats 025 (Large).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Avid floats 027 (Large).jpg
    Avid floats 027 (Large).jpg