Quantcast

ASSO Jewel X Plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Philip

Does anyone know where I can get the ASSO Jewel X plans? I've sent emails to the individuals on forums and to http://www.slittneraircraftplans.com and tried to call, but their number isn't connected. I really like the looks and performance of the airplane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
Does anyone know where I can get the ASSO Jewel X plans? I've sent emails to the individuals on forums and to http://www.slittneraircraftplans.com and tried to call, but their number isn't connected. I really like the looks and performance of the airplane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip
Bepi Vidor, the original designer and builder of the Asso X passed away a couple years ago. He also built pre-finished parts in his workshop for interested homebuilders - wingspars, wingribs, fuselage sides.

The Asso X had three different wing desings and plans. The first one had slats for very slow take-off and landing (Vs0 around 54km/h), but at the cost of a reduced cruise speed (it cruised around 225km/h). The second wing airfoil was without the slats (Vs0 around 59km/h, cruise 255km/h, basically the same wing airfoil but without the slats for slow TO&Landing). The last airfoil was best (Vs0 64km/h, cruise 286km/h).

If you are buying plans or a finished Asso X, I recommend the last version and with the wingspar in one piece (less dead weight to carry around). Some guys also cut the wingspan so that instead of the original 8.1m wingspan they'd have 7.98m and small winglets at the ends. This does not reduce the stall speed but improves the cruise (by 5km/h) and top speed (by 10km/h, 340km/h instead of 330km/h. All these specs are with a standard Rotax 100HP engine.

Some people installed a heavier and more powerful engine to get it to fly a 200kts cruise (370.4km/h). I do not recommend that, it will improve performance but also the stall speed over the Vs0 65km/h limitation of eurocrats. The weight might also be too high to register this as an ultralight in some EU countries.

Bepi's widow does not sell plans, but there was some lady in Canada who sold plans yet I have no clue if she still does that. I bought both versions from Bepi personally while he was still alive, with serial numbers, the printed plans and the CDs in CAD format. This is a demanding aircraft, it takes a couple thousand hours to build and the plans are entirely technical. This means it does not have instructions, you need to know how to build wooden composite aircraft or at least have some experience in homebuilt aircraft.

The Asso X flies beautifully, yet has a weight limitation for the passenger (he or she should not weigh more than 95kg) if having the Rotax engine. This means that if you are a taller and heavier guy, alterations should be planned in advance.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
This website seems to distribute the drawings, you can try and contact them :
http://www.asso-aero.fr/Plans.php
(no English version it seems)
This website used to be run by Eric (or was it Marc, I forgot) who presented the building of his Asso X on the ULM French forum. The following is the first post back in 2012, when he started building.

https://www.forum-ulm-ela-lsa.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=2328

Last time Eric was active on the Asso X thread in 2017 he seemed to be selling his aircraft. I got the impression he got a kid on the way or something like that, like he needed more time for family. Hence don't be surprised if people send messages to the asso-aero.fr website and get no answer.

Philip

Thank you for the response everyone. I'm having no luck with correspondence or obtaining plans, but will continue to try.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
Thank you for the response everyone. I'm having no luck with correspondence or obtaining plans, but will continue to try.
Are you looking for the plans out of curiosity or do you actually want to build the Asso X?

n45bm

Hi.
Nobody have the plan of the main spar? and falp and aileron to help me.
Does anyone know where I can get the ASSO Jewel X plans? I've sent emails to the individuals on forums and to S. Littner Aircraft Plans and tried to call, but their number isn't connected. I really like the looks and performance of the airplane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip
Hi Phillip. I too am interested in building either the Whiskey IV or the ASSO X. I sent an email listed on slittneraircraftplans.com to Sylvia Littner and received a reply from her within a week. She referred me to her web site but did not give any details about the plans. Still undecided which I would like to build after I finish my current project, an Arion Lightning (www.flylightning.net). I'm already thinking of my next project, since I have to have a project to keep me out of trouble. For those interested in this line of aircraft, Please keep me in the loop as info becomes available. Thanks. Bernardo Melendez

Lendo

Asso-X is a beautifully designed Aircraft by an Italian Designer by the name of (Beppi Viadore), it has been copied by many, including Black shape Prime, but the list of variations goes on and on. Beppi was a small Pilot and the Aircraft is small, but a brilliant performer in all variations. My friend in Croatia (Danger Zone) has plans, but there available in other locations in Italy, but unknown to me. There is one company that produces them in Timber (In Italy) but don't recall the name. Best of luck with the search, let us know how you go.
TIA
George

aripilot

Asso-X is a beautifully designed Aircraft by an Italian Designer by the name of (Beppi Viadore), it has been copied by many, including Black shape Prime, but the list of variations goes on and on. Beppi was a small Pilot and the Aircraft is small, but a brilliant performer in all variations. My friend in Croatia (Danger Zone) has plans, but there available in other locations in Italy, but unknown to me. There is one company that produces them in Timber (In Italy) but don't recall the name. Best of luck with the search, let us know how you go.
TIA
George
I think you are meaning Pioneer.

Ari

Lendo

Thanks Ari, I will put that in my notes for future reference, any Web or e-mail address, I haven't checked yet.
George

Lendo

So Ari it's your Pioneer - nice one, I was over your way in 2019 visiting Rellies in Dalmatia, Danger Zone in Zagreb, then off to Munich and down to Friedrichshafen for the Airshow, but didn't see you there. I had to go to Hamburg after visiting a friend in Zurich, but had I known I could have dropped in to see your Pioneer personally, you weren't so far away. Maybe next time but well after Covid -19.

So tell me Ari, did you replace/ reduce the HT Anhedral and increase the Wing Dihedral to compensate? It's a tricky design by Beppi, but worked very well for him and others it seems. I had a good look at the Blackshape Prime (mock-up) at the Airshow - Interesting!

BTW Here in Australia we have a tradition of shortening a name and putting an O on the end, Davidson becomes Davo etc, Lendich becomes Lendo.
George

aripilot

Hi George,

I have test flown different versions of Pioneer’s and 400 in Pordenone, Italy. Alpi Aviation is manufacturer of these airplanes. Home
I own Murphy Rebel (rebuilding after purchase) and will continue building Groppo Trial after Rebel flies again.

Ari

Jimboagogo

Does anyone know where I can get the ASSO Jewel X plans? I've sent emails to the individuals on forums and to S. Littner Aircraft Plans and tried to call, but their number isn't connected. I really like the looks and performance of the airplane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip
I looked through this thread and didn't see any reference to Fisher Flying products. They are kitting the ASSO XJewel and renaming their kit as the Aria. They are also offering a discount on the purchase price to the first few buyers. I have a set of plans for the ASSO 4 Whisky but I'll have to complete an Emeraude that I'm working on first.

f104asa